David Bowie (Musician), age 72, was born on January 08, 1947 in Brixton, London, England. David Bowie's horoscope sun sign is Capricorn
and Chinese zodiac sign is Dog
. David Bowie was famous for Androgynous rock star of the 1960s and beyond
More about David Bowie
David Bowie is 5' 10" (178 cm) tall, with blonde hair. David Bowie graduated from Bromley Technical High School, London, England. David Bowie"s nationality is English and religion is Agnostic.
Celebrities related to David Bowie
- Elizabeth Taylor (February 27, 1932): Details and Pictures
- Tina Turner (November 26, 1939): Details and Pictures
- Lou Reed (March 02, 1942): Details and Pictures
- Mick Jagger (July 26, 1943): Details and Pictures
- Bianca Jagger (May 02, 1945): Details and Pictures
- Marianne Faithfull (December 29, 1946): Details and Pictures
- Iggy Pop (April 21, 1947): Details and Pictures
- Candy Clark (June 20, 1947): Details and Pictures
- Cyrinda Foxe (February 22, 1952): Details and Pictures
- Bebe Buell (July 14, 1953): Details and Pictures
- Iman (July 25, 1955): Details and Pictures
Meanings of Name David
The name David was originated from Hebrew. It is used as a male name. The name David is of the meaning of Beloved. The name David is used in Czech, Dutch, English, French, Slovak, Spanish and Armenian speaking countries. David ruled as king of Israel in the 10th century BC and Jesus is thought to have descended from him. In the Old Testament, several of Davidís stories are told, including his defeat of Goliath.
St David is the patron saint of Wales, and the only one of the British patron saints to be celebrated in the country of his birth. He founded various monastic settlements in Wales, and is said to have performed several miracles. St David's, where he was buried, is the smallest city in the UK. It has only 2000 residents, but does boast a cathedral.
Camp David is the mountain retreat of the US Presidents, the 'David' part was named after Dwight Eisenhower's grandson David.
Jacques-Louis David was a French painter, more commonly known by David, famous for his painting 'The Death of Marat'.
David Cameron is the leader of the British Conservative party. Other notable Davids include footballer David Beckham, singer David Bowie and talk-show host David Letterman.
David was the 13th most popular name in the USA. Outside of the US, it is particularly popular in Spain (#4 in 2006) and Austria (#3 in 2006)..
More Celebrities with First Name of David
More Celebrities with Last Name of Bowie